Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This morning, Amsterdam; Tomorrow, Wales

I'm in Amsterdam right now. I'm sitting at the edge of the canal, enjoying the wonderful old buildings and the houseboats everywhere.  Some are actually ships, some are what are called "arks".  This bustling city is the largest in the Netherlands and boasts about 1.2 million people.  Bikes are everywhere.  There are more bikes than cars.  And, it's about 37 degrees.  Perfect for my cup of Joe.

Oh wait, I'm not literally in Amsterdam.  I'm here in my living room drinking some Starbucks from my Amsterdam mug that Migration Larry brought me back.  He finds thrill in the hunt when he travels to exotic places to try to find me Starbuck's mugs. Yes, this is why he travels.  (I think I've even gotten him to start collecting.)

Codemeister and The Ric inform me they have "Beer Bikes" in Amsterdam.  I've never been on one.  Like Codemeister says, " I don't know, but beer and exercise seems kinda counterproductive either way you look at it."  I tend to agree.  I think I'll stick with the 'bux in the mug and the butt in the chair. Ain't nothin' better.

Tomorrow -- Cardiff, Wales!  Can't wait!








CHICKY GROOVY COOLNESS GADGET


2 comments:

  1. Wow how cool to have mugs from other countries! I have a cupboard full of Starbucks travel mugs, but alas they are all domestic ;) Thanks so much for stopping by One Busy Chick, you were so right when you said we have a lot in common! I will be following many of your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Chick! Well, maybe one day you'll be able to pick up a few from exotic lands... Right now I'm having others pick them up for me until I can get there. I've gotten several on my own, but it's great to hire your friends out to do the work for you if you really can't make it there. I mean, aren't there much more exciting things in life than traveling to exotic countries, enjoying the luxurious hotels and delicious meals? Hmmm....

    Thanks for joining me, and I will post more "adventures", soon!

    God bless!

    T.K.

    ReplyDelete