Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bux, Bux will bring us together....

For those of you following my posts on Chicky Java, you know that I am a mad, crazy Starbucks mug fiend. (Be sure to check my previous posts to see what I mean.)

Well, not only do I love Starbucks "City Mugs", I love getting them from other places - either places I have been, or where others have been. My longest and best friend, LISAY, who lives in France, sends me wonderful European mugs -- including those from Luzerne, Freiburg, Zurich, Paris, and Madrid.  I LOVE getting her little surprises every now and then.  My buddy, Migrating Larry, has brought me back many from his many exotic foreign travels.  Now THOSE are good friends to have.  And, my Starbucks chick buds (Patsy Penny, LA, and CeCe's Books), and I are trying to outdo each other to see who can provide the group with the most mugs from their travels.  Finally, LA was able to contribute the other day when her honey went to New Mexico and brought some back for us all.  It's about time, LA!  (Not that she didn't try -- but her home state of Oklahoma doesn't HAVE them -- not a popular tourist place, I wonder?)

And, not only do I love getting them from other places, I love to enjoy coffee in them with the people I love the most.

When my friends come over to my home for coffee I tell them to "pick where you want to go today" by choosing a Starbucks mug of their choice from my collection.  It might be someplace they've always wanted to visit or someplace they had been in the past and would love to relive the memories.

Last week was no exception. One of my sweet sisters came to visit me from the Pacific Northwest. Previously, she had sent me a Starbucks mug from LaGrande, Oregon:  However, LaGrande is not a large enough market to have their "OWN personalized" Starbucks mugs like they do in other places. (Could be the same fate that has attached itself to Oklahoma...)

So, while she was here, I personalized the LA GRANDE mug myself, and Sis and I were able to enjoy our Starbucks from the others' respective cities.  We relaxed, reminisced and enjoyed each others' company, allowing ourselves to "slow down", laugh our faces off, and "take in the love."

Not only does coffee have one of the highest amounts of antioxidants in the American diet, spending time sipping a cup of Joe with a good friend has more benefits than just physical health.  Taking time away from my schedule and heading to "the Bux" on Monday mornings with my chick buds gets me revved for the week.  And My Boyfriend, J-GQ and I always look forward to getting up early on Friday mornings before school and work to have "face time" over our favorite drink and goodie at "Starbuckles". We've done this ever since J-GQ was 4 years old (he is now 14).  We thought that he would not want to once he got to high school, but he looks forward to it as much as he did when he was younger -- we ALL do.  It's a great time for us to reconnect, especially when we haven't had the planned sit-down meals we'd like due to our busy schedules.

So, yes, our buddy Bux brings us together.  It's the simple things in life that bring me the greatest joy and that connect me with the people I love.  (And, it doesn't hurt that it comes in "instant", either.)












CHICKY GROOVY COOLNESS GADGET


No comments:

Post a Comment