Sunday, March 20, 2011

Here in Wales with a nice cup of Joe!

Good morning!  I am now in Cardiff, Wales!  I was actually here a couple of weeks ago, but did not post about it, but I am back again and thought I would have my coffee with you from here today!

I'm sitting here in Bute Park and gazing at the magnificent Cardiff Castle.  Wonderful!  Tom Jones even did a concert here once, if you like Tom Jones.  My mom did.  There are a number of wonderful Castles in Wales... I'd love to see them all!

For those who don't know, Cardiff is the largest and most populated city in Wales and is also it's capital.  Right now the temp is sitting at about 53 degrees (Faherenheit). The temps and average rainfull are actually not too different from Seattle in the month of March, which has highs/lows of 53/40.  (Average rainfall in Cardiff is 42 inches, which is actually more than in Seattle, which averages about 38 inches).  Houston gets 46 inches, but it usually comes down in buckets all at once, rather than a slow drip like Seattle.  Since it isn't raining in Cardiff right now, I am no certain how the rain comes down.  I am assuming it is more like Seattle.  But, because of the rain, it is beautiful in Cardiff.  It doesn't get too hot in the summers -- only about 70 degrees.  That's a nice temp! 

I'm sorry I don't have any photos to post... my camera is not in Cardiff.

So, when I really (physically) go to Wales, I will be sure to take my camera.  As it is, I will just have to settle with dreaming about it while drinking a cup of Joe from my Cardiff Starbucks mug that Migrating Larry brought me back from his recent journey there.  Thanks again, Migrating Larry!












CHICKY GROOVY COOLNESS GADGET


No comments:

Post a Comment